Continence Management Townsville HHS
The continence service provides a service to acute urology/continence patients within the tertiary setting.
- Assists nursing/medical staff with difficult catheterisation.
- Attends to difficult catheter changes through outpatient clinic booking.
- Attends to difficult supra pubic catheter changes.
- Conducts Trial of Void clinic.
- Provides continuity of care for pre operative and post operative follow up for indwelling catheter management and support.
- Provides education and ongoing support for urethral dilation
- Provides education and support for nursing staff with patients post failed TOV
- Provides patient education and support for clean intermittent self catheterisation.
- Provides service for intravesical antibiotic treatment.
- Provides support for bladder retraining.
Location and Contact Details
|Location||Surgical Satellite Clinic, Level 1,|
The Townsville Hospital, 100 Angus Smith Drive, Douglas QLD 4814
|Postal Address||Internal Mail Box 79, PO Box 670, Townsville QLD 4810|
Clinical Nurse: + 61 7 4433 3541
|Facsimile||+61 7 4433 2751|
8.00am-4.30pm Monday - Friday
May be telephoned or written
Inpatients as requested
Outpatients preferably by appointment though also as requested.