Home and Community Care - Older Person Allied Health Team (OPAHT)
The Older Person Allied Health Team aims to enhance function, independence and safety of older HACC eligible clients and their carers living in the community.
OPAHT includes occupational therapists, speech pathologists, podiatrists, physiotherapists, and dieticians who provide:
- Assessment, education and treatment for individuals to enable clients to remain living at home
- Group education to enhance knowledge and skills for healthy lifestyles
- Support and sharing of information and resources with other community-based services
- Assistance to support staff in review of individual client's services and with the management of difficult or complex cases
- Contribution to the development of local and regional community services.
Hours of service provision
Services are provided 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
- No services are provided on weekends or public holidays.
- There is no on-call service after usual business hours.
- There is no cost to the consumer for services provided.
Who is the Service for?
The primary client group is any older person who has difficulty functioning in their usual environment, requires an allied health service to continue to live in the community and without which would be at risk of early and inappropriate placement in long-term residential care.
All referrals are directed to the Intake Officer, Older Person’s Community Services, +61 7 4433 9500 option #1
Referrals are accepted by:
- Self referral,
- General Practitioners,
- Family members,
- Carers and
- Community services.
|Location||Kirwan Health Campus, 138 Thuringowa Drive, Kirwan QLD 4817|
|Postal Address||PO Box 670 Townsville, QLD, 4810|
|Phone||+ 61 7 4433 9500|
|Facsimile||+ 61 7 4433 9501|
|Hours||8am-4pm, Monday to Friday|
Geographical Areas of Service
The geographical reach is Townsville including Magnetic Island and Palm Island.