Continence Advisory Service Townsville HHS
This service provides preventative, curative and health maintenance in the management of continence function through:
- Assessment, education and treatment for individuals.
- Group education to enhance knowledge and skills for continence management.
- Support and sharing of information and resources with health professionals and support staff
Hours of service provision
Services are provided 8.30-4.30 Monday to Friday.
- No services are provided on weekend or public holidays
- There is no on-call service after usual business hours.
- There is no cost to the consumer for services provided.
Who is the Service for?The primary client group is any older person who experiences difficulty functioning in their usual environment, requires continence management to live in the community and without which would be at risk of early and inappropriate placement in long-term residential care.
The secondary client group is any older person who has an interest in preventing, improving and/or managing their continence status to enhance their quality of life.
All referrals are directed to the Intake Officer, Older Persons Community Services +61 7 4433 8370.
Referrals are accepted by: self-referral, general practitioners, family members, carers and community services.
|Location||Vincent Health Campus, 59 Cambridge Street Vincent QLD 4814|
|Postal Address||PO Box 670, Townsville QLD 4810|
|Phone||+ 61 7 4433 8370|
|Facsimile||+ 61 7 4433 8930|
|Hours||8.30am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday|
Geographical Areas of Service
The geographical reach is Townsville including Magnetic Island.