Mobile Women's Health Service
The Mobile Women's Health Service is a network of 15 specially trained women’s health nurses who provide a free and confidential service to Queensland women.
The service, established by Queensland Health, aims to improve the health and well being of women in rural and remote areas of Queensland. It provides Women's Health clinics for women in Charters Towers, Hughenden, Richmond, Bowen, Collinsville, Ingham, Palm Island and Magnetic Island. This service complements and works with the other health services such as local general practitioners, The Royal Flying Doctor Service as well as other health service providers.
Services provided by the Townsville Mobile Women's Health nurse practitioner include;
- Assessment re menstrual problems, abnormal bleeding etc.
- Cervical screening (Pap smears)
- Contraception, including Implanon and Mirena
- Gynaecological referral as required
- Information about menopause and hormone replacement
- Information and support on women's health issues
- Pelvic-floor muscle training and continence promotion
- Sexual Health testing and treatment
Kirwan Health Campus
|Postal Address||IMB 92, P.O. Box 1596, Thuringowa Central, QLD, 4817|
|Phone||+61 7 4433 9939 | Mobile: 0427 894 481 (mobile preferred contact)|
Self Referral - please contact the Health Centres to find the date of the next clinic and to make an appointment
- Bowen +61 7 4786 8222
- Charters Towers +61 7 4787 0361
- Collinsville +61 7 4785 4777
- Hughenden +61 7 4741 2800
- Ingham +61 7 4720 3028
- Palm Island +61 7 4752 5165
- Richmond +61 7 4741 6100
- Magnetic Island +61 7 4778 5107