The aim of the Pharmacy service is to provide responsible, safe, effective and economical distribution and use of medications throughout the hospital.
The following services are provided:
- Dispensing of outpatient and discharge prescriptions.
- Supply and distribution of inpatient medications and maintenance of ward medication stocks.
- Clinical pharmacy review services to inpatient areas.
- Drug information and Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting.
- Preparation of specialised sterile pharmaceuticals.
- Cytotoxic drug reconstitution.
- Support for clinical medication trials.
The Pharmacy Department is located in the Foyer, adjacent the main entrance of
The Townsville Hospital, 100 Angus Smith Drive, Douglas 4814
|Postal Address||IMB 61, PO Box 670, Townsville QLD 4810|
|Phone||+ 61 7 4433 2803|
|Facsimile||+61 7 4433 2801|
Monday to Friday 8am-5pm