Radiation Oncology Townsville Hospital and Health Service
The TTH Radiation Oncology provides a comprehensive radiotherapy service, comprising a dedicated group of highly qualified professionals delivering an integrated approach to cancer management.
Consultation services to :
- The Townsville Hospital – six specialist outpatient clinics per week in Radiation Oncology.
- Mackay Base Hospital – four outpatient clinics per fortnight.
- Telehealth consultation service to North Queensland
- A range of multi-disciplinary group clinics and meetings
A full service in external beam radiotherapy including:
- Five state of the art, high energy linear accelerators
- Image guided radiotherapy, kV and MV imaging, capable of 2D and 4D Cone Beam CT
- 3D Conformal Radiotherapy and
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy
- Superficial x-ray therapy.
- Concomitant chemoradiotherapy
Modern radiotherapy planning facilities, including:
- A dedicated wide bore CT scanner
- Radiotherapy simulator
- 3D radiation therapy planning system.
- Dedicated Brachytherapy planning system.
- Remote automated after loading system for intra-cavitary and interstitial work. ( this is used predominantly for Gynaecological malignancies)
The Ground Floor, East Wing at The Townsville Hospital,
100 Angus Smith Drive, Douglas QLD 4814
|Postal Address||Internal Mail Box 56, PO Box 670, Townsville QLD 4810|
|Phone||+ 61 7 4433 1663|
|Fax||+ 61 7 4433 1621|
Routine appointments by medical referral in writing. Patients are seen within one week of referral unless otherwise requested by the referring doctor.
Telephone appointments: +61 7 4433 1663 or +61 7 4433 1660
Facsimile: +61 7 4433 1621
Urgent appointments can be made by the referring doctor directly contacting a Radiation Oncologist.
Appointments by contacting Townsville reception staff at the above numbers, or by faxing a referral to Mackay Base Hospital.