Radiation Oncology Townsville Hospital and Health Service
The TTH Radiation Oncology provides a comprehensive radiation therapy service, comprising a dedicated group of highly qualified professionals delivering an integrated approach to cancer management.
Consultation services to :
- The Townsville Hospital – six specialist outpatient Radiation Oncology clinics per week
- Mackay Base Hospital – outreach outpatient clinics
- Telehealth consultation service to North Queensland
- A range of multi-disciplinary team clinics and meetings
A full external beam radiation therapy service including:
- Five state of the art, high energy linear accelerators
- 3D Conformal radiation therapy
- Image guided radiation therapy, kV and MV imaging, 2D and 4D Cone Beam CT
- Intensity Modulated radiation therapy
- Volumetric modulated arc radiation therapy
- Superficial x-ray radiation therapy.
- Concomitant chemoradiotherapy
Modern radiotherapy planning facilities, including:
- A dedicated wide bore CT scanner ( 4D capability)
- Radiation therapy simulator
- 3D radiation therapy planning system.
- Dedicated Brachytherapy planning system.
- Remote automated after-loader for intra-cavity brachytherapy
- predominantly for gynaecological malignancies
- this service will expand to include other tumour streams
Radiation Therapy Trials
- Our service actively participates in national/multicentre trials, particularly Trans Tasman Radiaiton Oncology Trials Group (TROG)
The Ground Floor, East Wing at The Townsville Hospital,
100 Angus Smith Drive, Douglas QLD 4814
|Postal Address||Internal Mail Box 56, PO Box 670, Townsville QLD 4810|
|Phone||+ 61 7 4433 1663|
|Fax||+ 61 7 4433 1621|
Routine appointments by written GP/ Specialist referral. Patients are seen within one week of referral unless otherwise requested by the referring doctor. Urgent appointments can be made by the referring doctor directly contacting a Radiation Oncologist.
Telephone appointments: +61 7 4433 1663 or +61 7 4433 1660
Facsimile: +61 7 4433 162
Mackay outpatient appointments can be arranged by contacting Townsville reception staff at the above numbers, or by faxing a referral to Mackay Base Hospital.