Townsville Sexual Health Services
35 Gregory Street
North Ward Q 4810
PO Box 5224
Townsville MC QLD 4810
Telephone: +61 7 4433 9600 - ask for Sexual Health
Facsimile: +61 7 4433 9641
Email Townsville Sexual Health: TSV-SHS-Triage@health.qld.gov.au
Monday evenings by appointment ONLY.
Please note: The door is locked from 4.30pm. Please press the green button on the left of the door for after-hours service.
RAPID is here on Monday afternoons ....
NOW conducted by QPP, find them on Grindr.
HIV tests only-results in 20 minutes
contact RAPID on 0491 449 098 - Monday 3.30-6.30pm.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 8.00am-4.30pm daily
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Satellite Clinics Kirwan (Wed/Thur) - bookings via triage nurse
Appointments / referrals
- Appointments are available via the triage nurse only - 44339600
- Clients can self-refer, referrals from Specialists and General Practitioners should be addressed to Dr Arun Menon- see Health Pathways below.
Comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services including management of:
- Sexually transmissible infections
- HIV, including HIV rapid testing (results in 20 minutes)
- nPEP (non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis for potential exposure to HIV)
- Viral Hepatitis
- Contraception including emergency contraception
- Non-forensic sexual assault
- Transgender issues
- Sexual dysfunction
- Genital dermatological conditions
- Needle and Syringe Program (NSP)
- Community based screening programs for STIs, HIV, syphilis, viral hepatitis
- Counselling for all sexual health concerns
- Education services for health professionals (GPs, nurses, midwives)
There are no charges. A Medicare card is not essential but preferred and is used for bulk-billing purposes - ask about our privacy and confidentiality policy if required. Referrals should be to Dr Arun Menon
Clinical Director: Dr Arun Menon
Nurse Unit Manager: Rose Gordon
Nurse Practitioner: Penny Kenchington
HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Coordinator: Angela Cooper
Other staff include Psychologist, Indigenous Sexual Health Registrar, Specialist Sexual Health Nurses, Contact Tracing Support Officer, Public Health Nurse, Indigenous Health Workers, Interns and visiting specialists from Endocrinology and Infectious Diseases.
Free Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea tests available anytime via the internet and 13HEALTH