Children's Health Services at The Prince Charles Hospital
Children’s Emergency Department
- Open 24 hours 7 days a week staffed by Emergency Paediatricians and General Emergency Physicians (specialists in Emergency Medicine)
- Offering a full range of acute emergency services with access to a short stay admissions ward
- General surgical conditions such as fractures and orthopaedic injuries, Ear Nose and Throat conditions are assessed and managed by specialists in emergency and referred to LCCH if requiring further surgery.
General Paediatric Services
- A 16 bed Paediatric Medical ward for babies and children 0-16th birthday with a range of medical conditions. Admissions are from the CED and inter-hospital transfers
- The Paediatric OPD accepts referrals from GPs, other local hospitals and providers
- The general Paediatric service is staffed by Specialist Consultants in Paediatric Medicine.
Last updated: 8 June 2016