Consumer compliment and complaint data
We are committed to listening and responding to consumer complaints. They are a valuable opportunity for us to identify where we could be doing things better. We are dedicated to working collaboratively to deliver quality services that are safe and responsive. We also welcome and encourage compliments and suggestions from consumers, their family and loved ones who care for them.
Complaint and compliment data 2019–20
In the 2019–20 financial year, the Central Queensland Hospital and Health Service received 1109 consumer complaints and 1164 compliments or suggestions.
Of those complaints:
- 251 resulted in follow-up or further action
- 858 required no further action*.
* Further action refers to complaints that were accepted and resulted in remedial or improvement action. No further action refers to complaints that were accepted and resolved immediately at the point of service.
These figures are for the CQ Health only.
- A customer complaint is defined as ‘a complaint about the service or action of a Department, or its staff, by a person who is apparently directly affected by the service or action’.
- Find out more about CQ Health compliments and complaints here
- Find out how to make a privacy complaint
This information is for CQ Health only. Individual HHSs capture and manage complaints within their own systems and you should contact the relevant HHS directly to access their data.