What to bring
Whether you're staying overnight or just a day patient, you will need to bring:
- your appointment letter or prescription book
- Medicare card
- concession cards such as Healthcare card or Veterans Affairs card
- test results and x-rays
- a list of any medicines you are taking regularly
- something to do while you wait such as a book, magazine, knitting, etc.
What to bring for day surgery
If you are coming to hospital for day surgery (as an 'outpatient'), please also bring:
- as few personal belongings as possible that will be placed in a small locker before your procedure and can be collected before discharge
- reading glasses
- any medication used daily.
What to bring for an overnight or longer stay
If you are staying overnight, please also bring:
- any medicine or tablets you are currently using
- night wear and dressing gown
- appropriate footwear
- toiletries—toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, comb, soap and feminine products
- personal shaving gear
- handkerchiefs or tissues
- a bag big enough for all your belongings (including the clothes and footwear you will be wearing on the day).
Any electrical item brought into hospital must be tested and tagged by a qualified electrician (this is your responsibility) or have batteries. Mobile phone chargers do not require testing.