Cancer care specialist services
Cancer Care Services offers a comprehensive service which delivers patient care through specialist clinics:
Monday – Friday 0800 – 1630
The service does not operate on weekends or Public Holidays unless by arrangement.
Treatments eg. chemotherapy that the specialists order, are delivered to patients in our Day Therapy Unit at Rockhampton Hospital. In some cases, people can have treatment closer to home using Telehealth.
Your health care team can refer you to allied health cancer care services.
Pharmacy staff will also help with your care and treatment.
Access to Cancer and Palliative Care Services is only possible with a written referral (letter, facsimile or email) from the following:
- General Practitioners
- Medical Officers from within the hospital
- Follow-up care resulting from an admitted episode of care
- On-referral relevant to the course of treatment
- Medical Officer’s private rooms
- Medical Officers in other hospitals