Nurse and Midwife Navigators
Nurse and Midwife Navigators work with clients and their carers to help them understand and manage their health care needs, and empower them to make informed decisions on their health.
We have a number of nurse navigators including the following:
- Generalist nurse navigator: Works with consumers of all ages.
- Older person’s nurse navigator: Works with consumers aged 65 years and older.
- Midwifery nurse navigator: Works with pregnant women with complicated health care needs throughout their pregnancy journey.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nurse Navigator: Works with first nations people of all ages.
The service is staffed by experienced nurses and midwives who:
- Coordinate care and ensure patients receive the most appropriate care at the right time in the right place with the right provider.
- Assist patients to navigate the health care system to and from their referring care provider or GP, through to hospital, community and back home again connecting them with services they need
- Provide health education
- Assist with advanced care planning
Who can access this service
This service is for people with multiple chronic illness, those with a high-need for health services, or those who have complex health conditions.
How to access this service
Referrals can come from private and public health care providers. We also welcome self-referrals and referrals from family, friends and carers.