Residential aged care
CQ Health has three aged care facilities in Rockhampton; North Rockhampton Nursing Centre, Eventide Home Rockhampton and the Birribi unit.
Birribi provides permanent 24-hour care to people with high and complex support needs.
Eventide Home Rockhampton provides residential aged care accommodation in courts and lodges:
- Courts - two units making up a 30 bed psychogeriatric, behaviour and dementia high care residential unit
- Lodges - 3 units making up a 50 bed general high care residential units
North Rockhampton Nursing Centre provides residential aged care accommodation for general high care residents, residents experiencing dementia, and also offers interim care and residential transition care. The centre has 120 beds divided into 3 wings;
- Cec Pritchard Wing has 40 beds and provides care for general high care residents.
- Ivy Baker Wing has 38 permanent high care dementia specific beds, as well as one male and one female high care dementia specific respite beds.
- Westwood Wing has 20 permanent high care beds, 20 interim care beds (Huxham Unit).
Who can access this service
A residential aged care facility is for
- Older people who can no longer live independently at home.
- younger people with a disability, dementia or other special care needs that are not met through other specialist services.
- People who have been approved for residential care by the Aged Care Assessment Team.
How to access this service
You can talk to your GP or Community Health Nurse about a referral for a free assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team. The team will look at your current needs and work out whether you are eligible for residential care.
Once you have received an Aged Care Assessment Team approval for residential care, you can complete an application form and will go on a waiting list for placement. You are welcome to make an appointment to look through the facilities.