Neurology, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
The Neurology Department provides services in general neurology to treat and manage a range of conditions. This includes clinics in Motor Neurone Disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Huntington's Disease and movement disorders. A clinical neurophysiology diagnostic service is also available. The RBWH Acute Stroke Unit is hosted within ward 7 B North
Facilities and Services
- Clinical Neurophysiology Diagnostic Service, providing electroencephalography (EEG), electromyography (EMG), and nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Comprehensive Epilepsy Program for refractory epilepsy including Epilepsy (Video-EEG) Monitoring Unit
- Clinical Neuropsychology Service
- Movement Disorder Clinic / Private Practice Botulinum Toxin Clinic
- Specialist Parkinson's Disease nursing support
- Motor Neurone Disease Clinic
- Specialist Nurse & Palliative Care Support
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Clinic - to assist with the management of MS patients throughout Queensland
- Huntington's Clinic - psychiatrist and Huntington's Disease Society nurse support for patients and their families
- A clinic for women with epilepsy (in association with the RBWH Antenatal Clinic).
- Acute Stroke Unit.
- Research programs including Motor Neurone Disease, Stroke, Epilepsy and Multiple Sclerosis.
Telephone: (07) 3646 3111