Sexual Health Service
What do we do?
As a specialist sexual health clinic, we can provide you with a range of care:
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmissible infections, HIV & hepatitis
- HIV Rapid Testing
- Needle and syringe packs
- Contraception, emergency contraception & pregnancy options
- Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Ask us your sexuality questions (sexual problems, straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or uncertain)
- Transgender care
- Sexual health counselling and information
- Indigenous Health Worker team
- Sexual health and contact tracing information and resources
What can I expect as a patient?
You can talk to us. We have friendly male and female staff and confidentiality is assured.
Who is eligible?
You can chose to use your Medicare Card to be bulk billed. While it is free to see us, you may need to pay for some medications.
Travellers are welcome. Results only available after 1 week. You will only receive results if something comes back positive (no news is good news!). Most positive results will simply be sent by sms.. If you will not be in Cairns one week after testing, we may refer you elsewhere.
Do I need a referral?
You don't need a referral, just come in during our walk-in hours, or phone us for an appointment for more complicated issues.
# 1, 2 or 7 stop outside on Sheridan St
# 7 also stops at Cairns Hospital
Rear of the building via Sheridan or Arthur St
Walk in clinics (no appointment needed)
|Monday||8.30am - 11.30am||1-4pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am - 11:30am||1-4pm|
|Wednesday||8:30am - 11:30am||1-4pm|
|Thursday||8:30am - 11:30am||1-6pm|
|Friday||Closed in the am for training||1-4pm|
You can phone us between: 8am and 4:30pm Monday – Wednesday; 8am – 6:30pm Thursday; and 1 – 4:30 Friday
Most results are available in one week.
For after hours emergencies please attend the Cairns Hospital Emergency Department