|Search Central West Health:
Family members, carers, friends and extended support networks have a vital role to play in patient’s care and recovery, especially during hospital inpatient stays.
Patients require rest for their recovery, so please be mindful of activity and noise during your visit. Ward lights are sometimes dimmed and visitors may be asked to keep noise and activity to a minimum.
If the patient has requested not to receive visitors, this will be respected. There may also be times during your visit when you are asked to temporarily leave the area to allow for healthcare procedures.
Central West Hospital and Health Service acknowledges this role and welcomes visitors at the following times:
- Alpha Hospital - 11 am to 8 pm
- Barcaldine Hospital - 8 am to 1 pm and 3 pm to 8 pm
- Blackall Hospital - 10 am to 6 pm
- Longreach Hospital - 8 am to 1 pm and 3 pm to 7 pm
- Winton Hospital - 8 am to 9 pm
You are most welcome to contact patients directly if you have been provided with the number of their bedside phone. Please endeavour to call during visiting hours or outside essential rest times.
If you would like to make contact via the ward stations, please phone the following numbers during business hours:
- Alpha Hospital Ward - 07 4809 7000
- Barcaldine Hospital Ward - 07 4650 4033
- Blackall Hospital Ward - 07 4650 7700
- Longreach Hospital Ward - 07 4658 7904
- Longreach Hospital Maternity Unit - 07 4658 4740
- Winton Hospital Ward - 07 4657 2700