Applicant groups for intern positions
Applicants eligible for an internship in Queensland are categorised into applicant groups.
Group A identifies medical graduates who are guaranteed an offer of an intern position in Queensland.
Groups B, C and D are the defined applicant groups who are not guaranteed an intern offer and are required to participate in merit selection processes in order to be selected to an intern position in Queensland. The categorisation of these applicants facilitates reporting for the intern campaign and there is no inherent prioritisation structure within these applicant groups.
Each participating Hospital and Health Service establishes individual assessment processes to merit select from their available applicant pool and are not obligated to sequentially select through the applicant groups.
Applicant groups B, C & D will be merit selected as per all medical practitioners in alignment with local HR recruitment standard engagement policies.
Applicants who do not meet the outlined criteria for Groups A, B, C or D may be considered at the discretion of each participating hospital
|Medical graduates of Queensland universities who are Australia/New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents; and:|
- are seeking an internship commencing in the year immediately following graduation; OR
- received Review Committee approval from a previous campaign to defer commencement of internship
|Medical graduates of Queensland universities or New Zealand universities who are Australian/New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents who:|
- do not meet the criteria outlined in Group A
- Medical graduates of Australian (interstate) or New Zealand universities who are Australian / New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents.
|Medical graduates of Australian (Queensland or interstate) or New Zealand universities who are NOT Australian / New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents who:
- currently hold a visa that allows them to work in Australia; OR
- will need to obtain a visa to work in Australia
|Medical graduates of AMC accredited universities located outside of Australia or New Zealand.|
Medical graduates of international universities who have not completed an internship in Australia or another country and have either:
- obtained the AMC Certificate (and are eligible for provisional registration)
- successfully completed the AMC MCQ (multiple choice questionnaire) (and are eligible for limited registration)