Queensland Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine Advanced Training Network
The network offers a three-year program which allows trainees to meet all core requirements for neonatal and perinatal medicine (NPM) advanced training with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP), including projects, neonatal retrievals, long term follow up and surgical components of NPM advanced training.
The network applies to trainees who:
- want to commence neonatal and perinatal medicine advanced training
- intend to pursue dual training in general paediatrics and neonatal and perinatal medicine
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- successful completion of the RACP Basic Paediatric Training, including the written and clinical exams or passed the written exam and planning to sit the clinical exam.
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- current registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- commencing your first year of NPM Advanced Training or have already commenced NPM Advanced Training but will have less than 12 months of accredited training at commencement on the network in 2022.
2021 RACP Divisional Clinical Examination status
Selection to a network position is dependent on successful completion of the RACP Divisional Clinical Examination in 2021. Refer to the How to apply guide below for further information.
How to apply
- review the role description
- review the how to apply – key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- review the how to preference guide
- utilise the CV template and upload to your application
- complete the online application via the Queensland Health RMO Campaign
Application period: Monday 31 May – Monday 28 June 2021
Interviews: Thursday 5 August (Brisbane)
An interview is required for all shortlisted applicants. Further information about the interview process will be released in due course.
Selection decision notification: Friday 27 August
- Network Hospitals
- Network Rotations - coming soon
The Queensland Neonatal Perinatal Medicine Training Network supports education and training including on the job training, supervision and mentoring and access to the Program for Advanced Neonatal Education in Queensland (PANEQ) – a full day monthly education program for neonatal trainees, neonatal fellows and advanced neonatal nurses.
Medical Vocational Training Pathways Paediatric-Training@health.qld.gov.au