Queensland Basic Physician Training Network (Adult Medicine)
The network provides centralised recruitment, selection and allocation of Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) registered basic physician trainees intending to commence their second or third year of basic physician training in Queensland.
Trainees appointed to the network are able to access 12 months of RACP-accredited level three tertiary hospital placements in the lead up to their written and clinical Fellowship examinations. Trainees remain on the network for the duration of basic training subject to satisfactory performance.
First year basic training positions are recruited directly by the individual Hospital and Health Services (HHS) within Queensland - not via the network. These appointments are generally at the Junior House Officer or Senior House Officer level and information relating to these positions can be accessed via the available positions.
The eligibility criteria to apply to the network are:
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- registration with the RACP as a basic trainee
- prospective approval granted for a minimum 44 weeks of training (core and non-core) prior to commencement on the network (2019).
Note: Australian citizens and permanent residents will be considered before applicants on working visas.
How to apply
Submit your application through the RMO campaign application portal. Late applications are not accepted.
- How to apply (PDF 706 kB) – key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- How to preference (PDF 229 kB)
- Clinical experience template (XLS 145 kB)
- Role description (PDF 132 kB)
- FAQs for new applicants (PDF 227 kB)
- FAQs for continuing trainees (PDF 182 kB)
- Special consideration (PDF 146 kB)
- Appeals (PDF 166 kB)
Application period: Wednesday 6 June to Wednesday 4 July 2018
- Friday 3 August 2018: Cairns
- Tuesday 7 August 2018: Northside (Brisbane)
- Wednesday 8 August 2018: Southside (Brisbane)
- Thursday 9 August 2018: Townsville
- Friday 10 August 2018: Coastal (Gold Coast)
Selection decision: by Wednesday 22 August 2018
Expressions of interest
From time to time network vacancies occur outside of the annual recruitment period. During this time, interested applicants can submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for available positions.
Eligible applicants will only be contacted if a position becomes vacant.