Queensland Basic Physician Training Network (Adult Medicine)
The network provides centralised recruitment, selection and allocation of Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) registered basic physician trainees intending to commence their second or third year of basic physician training in Queensland.
Trainees appointed to the network are able to access 12 months of RACP-accredited level three tertiary hospital placements in the lead up to their written and clinical Fellowship examinations. Trainees remain on the network for the duration of basic training subject to satisfactory performance.
First year basic training positions are recruited directly by the individual Hospital and Health Services (HHS) within Queensland - not via the network. These appointments are generally at the Junior House Officer or Senior House Officer level and Information relating to these positions can be accessed via the available positions.
The eligibility criteria to apply to the network are:
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- registration with the RACP as a basic trainee
- prospective approval granted for a minimum 44 weeks of training (core and non-core) prior to commencement on the network (2018).
Australian citizens and permanent residents will be considered before applicants on working visas. See Information for non-Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents (PDF, 150 KB) for further details.
How to apply
Submit your application through the RMO campaign application portal. Late applications are not accepted.
- How to apply (PDF, 694 KB) – key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- How to preference (PDF, 217 KB)
- Clinical experience template (XLS, 33 KB)
- Role description (PDF, 379 KB)
- FAQs for new applicants (PDF, 444 KB)
- FAQs for continuing trainees (PDF, 237 KB)
- Special consideration (PDF, 136 KB)
- Appeals (PDF, 195 KB)
Application period: Wednesday 7 June to Wednesday 5 July 2017
- Friday 11 August 2017: Coastal (Gold Coast)
- Tuesday 15 August 2017: Southside (Brisbane)
- Thursday 17 August 2017: Far North (Cairns and Townsville)
- Friday 18 August 2017: Northside (Brisbane)
Selection decision: by Monday 21 August 2017
The network supports and promotes education and training, including the clinical examination preparation program (CEPP) (PDF, 356 KB)—an annual program to support RACP clinical exam candidates.
For more information, read the CEPP Frequently asked questions (PDF, 156 KB).
Expressions of interest
From time to time network vacancies occur outside of the annual recruitment period. During this time, interested applicants can submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for available positions.
Eligible applicants will only be contacted if a position becomes vacant.