Queensland General Paediatric Advanced Training Network
The network offers an optional two-year program which allows trainees to meet all core requirements for advanced training in general paediatrics with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP), including the community/developmental component.
All two-year programs include at least six months in a rural or regional site. The third year of advanced training is independent from the network allowing flexibility for trainees to tailor their final year according to their specific educational and career interests.
This network may suit trainees who:
- want to complete the core general paediatric component in a two-year block
- have a specific interest in regional practice
- intend to pursue dual training in general paediatrics and a sub-specialty
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- successful completion of RACP Basic Training including the written and clinical exams (or a pass in the written exam and awaiting results of the clinical exam or planning to sit the clinical exam in 2022
- commencing first or second year of advanced training in general paediatrics in 2023
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
How to apply
- review the role description
- review the How to apply guide - key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- review the How to preference guide
- utilise the CV template and upload to your application
- complete the online application via the Queensland Health RMO Campaign application portal. Late applications are not accepted.
- Application period: Monday 6 June–Monday 4 July 2022
- Interviews: An interview is required for all shortlisted applicants. Interviews will be virtual using the Zoom platform.
- Thursday 28 July 2022
- Friday 29 July 2022
- Selection Decision: by Monday 15 August 2022
Training will be hosted primarily at the:
- Queensland Children’s Hospital
- Townsville University Hospital
- Gold Coast University Hospital
Other accredited metropolitan and regional hospitals will be extensively used for specific components of the core training, including general paediatric terms. Refer to:
Queensland Paediatric Training Positions - 2023
Paediatric Network Training positions allocated to new trainees per year (variable)
|Network Rotation||Basic Paediatric Training |
|General Paediatric Advanced|
| Neonatal Perinatal Medicine |
Advanced Training Network
|Queensland Children's Hospital||23||14|
|Townsville University Hospital (incl. Darwin)||10||4|
|Gold Coast University Hospital||7||2|
|Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital|
Mater Mothers' Hospital
Gold Coast University Hospital
Townsville University Hospital
Total paediatric training positions per year (variable)
The attached table indicates training positions available in paediatrics for basic trainees, general paediatric advanced trainees, neonatal and perinatal medicine advanced trainees, non RACP trainees and PHOs across Queensland training hospitals.
Medical Vocational Training Pathways: Paediatric-Training@health.qld.gov.au.