South West Hospital and Health Service
44-46 Bungil Street
Roma Qld 4455
PO Box 1006
Roma Qld 4455
+61 7 4505 1500
+61 7 4505 1550
0800 - 1700
Facilities in the Hospital and Health Service
- Augathella Multi-Purpose Health Service
- Charleville Hospital
- Cunnamulla Hospital
- Dirranbandi Multi-Purpose Health Service
- Injune Multi-Purpose Health Service
- Mitchell Multi-Purpose Health Service
- Morven Community Clinic
- Mungindi Multi-Purpose Health Service
- Quilpie Multi-Purpose Health Service
- Roma Hospital
- St George Hospital
- Surat Multi-Purpose Health Service
- Thargomindah Community Clinic
- Wallumbilla Community Clinic
- Waroona Residential Aged Care Facility
- Westhaven Residential Aged Care Facility
Jobs in the South West
Acting Chief Executive
Ms Linda Patat
Specialist outreach services
- Basic surgery (delivered with Flying Surgeon)
- Colonoscopies and endoscopies
- Obstetrics and gynaecology (delivered by the flying Obstetrician and Gynaecologist)
- Ears, Nose and Throat specialist
Community and allied health services
- Alcohol and drug services
- Aged care assessment
- Cardiac services
- Child development services
- Child health
- Chronic disease education and management programs
- Cancer care coordinator
- Continence advisory service
- Dental services
- Diabetes education
- Early intervention parenting program
- Health promotion/prevention activities including Tai Chi
- Heart Foundation walking groups
- Immunisation clinics
- Indigenous health
- Mental health
- Mobile Women's Health Nurse
- McGrath Breast Care Nurse
- Occupational therapy
- Social worker
- Speech pathology
Home and Community Care
- Domestic Assistance
- Meals on Wheels
- Respite care
Capital works and recent improvements
- A $3.3 million upgrading and refurbishment program is underway at Charleville Hospital, as part of a $51.58 million state-wide rural hospital rectification works program due for completion by January 2015.
- Up to $2 million is being spent on upgrading ageing water piping at Charleville Hospital, with completion expected by January 2015, along with the other capital works at the hospital.
- In May 2013, 10 new flexible-care beds were officially opened at the Mitchell Multi-Purpose Health Service. These new beds added to the 13 acute-care beds and seven high-care long-stay beds already available at the Mitchell Multi-Purpose Health Service.
- In 2013 the Injune Multi-Purpose Health Service saw infrastructure upgrades to the bedrooms, the patients’ lounge area and outdoor gardens for aged-care residents, plus to the nurse’s station and administration area.
- A $3 million upgrade at Roma Hospital that includes updating of essential fire compartmentation and electrical safety systems was completed in February 2014.
- In May 2014 a new seven-bed, sub-acute/rehabilitation service at Roma Hospital opened. This new unit provides geriatric evaluation and management, as well as rehabilitation services and ambulatory clinics including pain management, dementia and memory services, a continence clinic and a mobility clinic. The sub-acute unit is available for the whole of the South West region.
- The Maranoa Midwifery Group Practice was launched in May 2013 and has received enthusiastic support from local families, and the wider community. Under this model, most women now receive the benefits of Continuity of Midwifery Care from a known midwife who supports them during pregnancy, labour and birth, and up to six weeks after the birth. The Maranoa Midwifery Group practice is supported by local midwives, nurses, medical officers, and the Flying Obstetrician.
- The St George Hospital emergency department will soon see a $500,000 refurbishment, funded by the South West Hospital and Health Service. The upgrade will include the establishment of a dedicated triage area to improve workflows and patient confidentiality.
- In 2013 the Surat Multi-Purpose Health Service was officially opened, including an extension to provide a dedicated environment for aged care.
Last updated: 12 September 2014