Healthcare Providers | SCHHS GP Liaision Officers (GPLO)
GP Liaison Unit
Phone: 07 5202 3822
Mobile: 0439 591 731
Fax: 07 5202 1044
About the GPLU:
The GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) is the interface between general practice and the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS). Our team consists of GPs (GP Liaison Officers - GPLO) and administrative support officers.
The role of the GPLU in the SCHHS has grown in recent years and includes:
- Improve the patient journey between community and the Hospital and Health Service
- Local GP engagement, relationship building and communications (including emails and newsletters)
- Capturing/investigating GP feedback, complaints and concerns including clinical risk management
- Coordinating and hosting the SCHHS GP Education program
- Internal HHS advisory role in continuous quality improvement and innovative/new models of care
- Internal and external project management and implementation.
- Strong partnership with the local Primary Health Network (PHN)
- Working with the state-wide GP Liaison Network.
The GPLU has helped to deliver some important achievements for the Sunshine Coast area, including:
- Same Day Discharge Summary Project
- The GPSI (GPs with Special Interest) Program pilot
- Primary Care Fracture Clinics
- Smart Referrals Program
- CPC (Clinical Prioritisation Criteria)
The SCHHS GP Liaison Unit is here to help you, feel free to contact us.