GP Liaison Unit
Phone: 07 5202 3822
Mobile: 0439 591 731
Fax: 07 5202 1044
About the GPLU:
The GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) is the interface between general practice and the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS). Our team consists of GPs and administrative support officers.
The role of the GPLU in the SCHHS has grown in recent years and includes:
- Local GP engagement, relationship building and communications (including emails and newsletters)
- Capturing/investigating GP feedback, complaints and concerns including clinical risk management
- Coordinating and hosting the SCHHS GP Education program
- Internal HHS advisory role in continuous quality improvement and innovative/new models of care
- Internal and external project management and implementation.
- Strong partnership with the local Primary Health Network (PHN)
- Working with the state-wide GP Liaison Network.
The GPLU has helped to deliver some important achievements for the Sunshine Coast area, including:
- Same Day Discharge Summary Project
- The GPSI (GPs with Special Interest) Program pilot
- Primary Care Fracture Clinics
- Smart Referrals Program
- CPC (Clinical Prioritisation Criteria)
The SCHHS GP Liaison Unit is here to help you, feel free to contact us.