Allied Health Outpatient Services referral guidelines SCHHS
Guiding principles for General Practitioners
The patient should:
- have used all sessions of their GP Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDMP) (if they were appropriate for one) before being referred to the Allied Health Outpatients Department
- live or work in the SCHHS catchment area
- be eligible for public medical treatment in Australia and hold a Medicare card.
- Patients eligible for compensation will be redirected to the private sector, unless the service is unavailable privately.
- access allied health services through their private insurance (if they have it) rather than being referred to the Allied Health Outpatients Service.
Further referral notes:
- Allied health disciplines only accept GP referrals for specified clinical areas (refer to list on right).
- Individual allied health disciplines use specific prioritisation procedures for outpatient referrals. Contact the Allied Health Outpatient Department at the relevant SCHHS site for further information.
Please provide the referral requirements to us, to allow us to effectively triage, assess and treat patients:
How to submit referrals
Services are offered across Nambour, Gympie and Caloundra, however all referrals are to be sent to Nambour for triage.
|Allied Health Outpatient Services|
Sunshine Coast University Hospital
|(07) 5202 0555|
(07) 5202 0444
Accepts referrals via eReferral (preferred method) or fax
|Allied Health Outpatient Services | contact details|
Reception: (07) 5202 2233
|Allied health services that accept referrals|
Email feedback about this page to email@example.com