Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS) has a strong research focus, encouraging multi-disciplinary research across all health care and support departments, and encouraging collaborations with universities and external research partners.
Our research priorities:
- Support and develop excellent research across disciplines within SCHHS
- Develop a strong and vibrant research community culture to attract and retain high performing researchers to SCHHS
- Develop a stronger framework where translation of the impact and outcomes of research are prioritised and communicated
- Build on existing strong partnerships with key institutions and facilitate the development of new partnerships
Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, and pays respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Health research refers to a wide range of methodologies and investigations which aim to improve our knowledge of:
- Diseases, trends and risk factors
- Outcomes of treatment or interventions
- Patterns of care
- Health care utilisation and costs
- Best practice health care systems.
The Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS) has a strong research focus by encouraging multi-disciplinary research across all health care and support departments; and encouraging collaborations with universities and external research partners. The SCHHS Annual Research Report provides an overview of the research conducted within the SCHHS; and the activities undertaken to promote and support research across the health service.
|Information on how to conduct research within the SCHHS.|
|Information on research grant schemes and processes for managing research funding.|
|Information on events aimed at collaboration, encouragement and education of SCHHS researchers, including access to research support staff for assistance with the development and approval of research proposals.|
|Information on the SCHHS Research Clinical Council, which oversees the governance and strategic development of research in the SCHHS.|
|Information on the Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI) - a multi-institutional research facility located at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital.|
|Search for information on a specific researcher, group or project.|
|Search for publications authored by our researchers, review health service resources, and find links to other research related information.|
|Information on processes and requirements for conducting audits and quality improvement activities in the SCHHS.|