Sunshine Coast University Hospital
SCUH opened with about 450 beds, with plans to grow to 738 beds by 2021. Services and capacity at SCUH will continue to develop over the coming years.
Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) is a tertiary, teaching hospital servicing all parts of the Sunshine Coast and Gympie regions. SCUH saw its first patients on 21 March 2017 and was officially opened on 19 April 2017 by the Queensland Premier and Minister for Health and Minister for Ambulance Services.
Services at SCUH
- Emergency department (24hr)
- Cancer care
- Specialised medical and surgical services
- Trauma service
- Paediatric service
- Maternity services
- Special care nursery
- Renal dialysis
- Mental Health and Addiction
- Interventional and diagnostic clinical support services
- Specialist ambulatory care services
- Allied health