What is telehealth?
Telehealth allows you to receive the same quality of care closer to home, using videoconferencing technology.
Reduces time away from home and makes it easier for family or friends to attend appointments with you.
Telehealth consultations are private and secure.
You are not required to operate the telehealth equipment and a staff member will assist you as you see and talk to your doctor.
- What are the benefits of telehealth?
- Who can I contact to discuss my options?
- How can I provide feedback about the telehealth service?
What are the benefits of telehealth?
The main benefit of using the telehealth services in our community is that it reduces travel and inconvenience for you as a patient, your families, your carers and our health professionals.
For example watch this video on using telehealth to support Torres Strait Islander people with dementia.
Your local health professionals at your nearest health facility will be able to discuss options that best suit your needs.
- How does a telehealth clinic work?
- How can a patient see their specialist via telehealth?
- How do I request an interpreter?
- Will my telehealth appointment be private and confidential?
We value your feedback regarding the telehealth services available to our community.
You have the following options:
Option 1: Contact the health facility, talking to the nurse manager, doctor, health professional or community liaison officer.
Option 2: Complete the online feedback form, select telehealth consultation from the list of feedback types.