Queensland Health Graduate Program
Your career. Our future.
Exciting opportunities are available for graduates (finance and general management) to kickstart their careers through the Queensland Health Graduate Program.
Our graduates will gain broad exposure, experience and ongoing development to commence their careers in Queensland Health.
Our Graduate Program
The Queensland Health Graduate Program is a three-year program which includes:
- a three (3) year temporary contract with Queensland Health commencing February 2020
- an attractive salary, at the government AO4 level
- experience across various locations throughout Queensland, including 4 x six month and 1 x 12-month placement within regional, rural and metropolitan hospital and health services (HHS), and the Department of Health
- a postgraduate qualification funded by Queensland Health
- professional development
- up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- annual leave loading of 17.5%.
Graduates will be provided with a strong support network to help meet any challenges faced throughout the program.
This program offers a unique insight and will allow graduates to gain extensive exposure in a highly diverse and complex health care environment. Graduates will be able to supply their knowledge and skills to help shape the future of health care in Queensland.
As part of this program, graduates will experience working in various locations across Queensland through placements.
- Rural Hospital and Health Service
- Regional Hospital and Health Service
- Metropolitan Hospital and Health Service
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference, learn new skills, expand your networks, travel around the State and start your career in health, then this is the program for you.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for graduates who are self-motivated, adaptable, resilient and community-minded, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an enthusiasm for delivery of high-quality health services and available to undertake placement rotations across the state.
Applicants should be committed to completing the three-year program, undertaking the relevant postgraduate qualification, and interested in a long term career within Queensland Health, particularly in a regional or remote facility.
Finance graduates will gain experience in a broad range of finance functions and services. Please view the role description for finance (PDF, 223 kB).
General Management graduates will gain experience in a broad range of corporate, operational, service delivery and strategic functions and services. Please view the role description for general management (PDF, 223 kB).
To be eligible for the Queensland Health Graduate Program you must:
- hold a minimum education of a bachelor's degree
- have completed a degree in 2018 or working towards the completion of a degree by 2019 (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- have graduated before the program commences in February 2020
- finance graduate roles require a degree with disciplines that are Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) eligible
- be an Australian citizen or eligible residency or visa status
- be able to undertake placements throughout Queensland including in regional, and remote locations.
|Applications opened||1 March 2019|
|Applications closed||7 April 2019 (midnight)|
|Assessment centre||30 May 2019|
|Graduates commence||February 2020|
Email QHGrads@health.qld.gov.au for any enquiries.