Medical recruitment - salary
Queensland Health provides attractive remuneration packages for medical practitioners.
Salary packages for medical officers may include base wages, as well as additional allowances.
Details about allowances and other entitlements are contained in the relevant policies outlined below:
- Medical Officers (Queensland Health) Award – State 2015 (PDF, 375kB
- Medical Officer (Queensland Health) Certified Agreement (No.5) 2018 (MOCA 5) (PDF, 476kB)
- Private Practice in the Queensland Public Health Sector Health Service Directive (PDF, 268kB)
Remuneration, leave and benefits
- Clinical manager allowance - HR policy C15 (PDF, 319kB)
- Motor vehicle allowance - Senior Medical Officers and Executive Directors of Nursing - HR policy C24 (PDF, 135kB)
- Telecommunication package (Senior Medical Officers) - HR policy C53 (PDF, 99kB)
Relocation, accommodation and travel
- Transfer and appointment expenses - HR policy D4 (PDF, 172kB)
- Appointment Expenses (Resident Medical Officer) - IRM 2.7-32 (PDF, 43KB)
- Domestic travelling and relieving expenses - HR policy D3 (PDF, 42kB)
- Travelling and Relieving Expenses (Resident Medical Officers) - IRM 2.7-11 (PDF, 40KB)
- Terms and Conditions of Employment (Resident Medical Officers) IRM 2.7-5 (PDF, 48KB)
- Terms and Conditions of Employment (Medical Superintendents with Right of Practice and Medical Officers with Right of Private Practice - IRM 2.7-4 (PDF, 62KB)
- Accommodation assistance - rural and remote incentive - HR policy D5 (PDF, 132kB)
- Accommodation - Full time Medical Superintendents and Staff Specialist in country areas - IRM 2.2-4 (PDF, 41KB)
Queensland Health employs Visiting Medical Officers in a number of specialty areas in locations across the state.