We offer our medical practitioners a wide range of benefits and a competitive salary.
How much you’ll get paid as a medical practitioner depends on your classification and status. Read about our current medical officers' wage rates.
You may be able to get allowances, such as:
- general allowances, see Clinical manager allowance - HR policy C15 (PDF 591 kB).
- motor vehicle allowance, see Motor vehicle allowance - Senior Medical Officers and Executive Directors of Nursing - HR policy C24 (PDF 296 kB)
- standby allowance, see Senior medical officers - Terms and conditions - HR Policy C23 (PDF 318 kB). Travel, accommodation and relocation entitlements
You may also be able to get entitlements, such as:
- travelling, relieving and living expenses, see Travelling, relieving and living expenses - HR Policy D2 (PDF 139 kB).
- you can also see Travelling and Relieving Expenses (Resident Medical Officers) - IRM 2.7-11 (PDF 148 kB).
- transfer and appointment expenses, see Transfer and appointment expenses - HR Policy D4 (PDF 276 kB).
- accommodation assistance, see Accommodation assistance - Rural and remote incentive - HR Policy D5 (PDF 351 kB).
We contribute up to 12.75 per cent of your annual salary towards your super. You can use our chosen super fund our choose a different one.
Read more about superannuation on the Queensland Government website.
Salary packaging is when you and your employer ‘package’ your salary into income and benefits. It’s also known as salary sacrifice. Read about salary packaging.