Evidence for the use of telehealth is rapidly expanding. It is recommended to perform a literature search for the planned service as part of developing the model of care. Links to systematic reviews for telehealth are provided below to support this process.
- Australasian Telehealth Society - Publications
- Patient and caregiver satisfaction
- Orlando JF, Beard M, Kumar S (2019). Systematic review of patient and caregivers’ satisfaction with telehealth videoconferencing as a mode of service delivery in managing patients’ health. PLoS ONE 14(8): e0221848.
- Rural and remote
- Bradford, N.K.,Caffery, L.J., & Smith, A.C. (2016). Telehealth services in rural and remote Australia: a systematic review of models of care and factors influencing success and sustainability. Rural and Remote Health, 16: 3808.
- The University of Queensland Centre of Research Excellence in Telehealth (CRE) (Publications)
- Krumm, M. (2016). A review of contemporary tele-audiology literature. Journal of Hearing Science, 6(3), 9-21.
Nutrition and dietetics
- Kelly, J., Allman-Farinelli, M., Chen, J,, et al. (2020). Dietitians Australia position statement on telehealth. Nutrition & Dietetics, 77, 406-415.
- Hung, G. & Fong, K. (2019). Effects of telerehabilitation in occupational therapy practice: A systematic review. Hong Kong Journal of Occupational Therapy, 32(1), 3-21.
- Kane-Gill, S. L., Niznik, J. D., Kellum, J. A., Culley, C. M., Boyce, R. D., Marcum, Z. A., He, H., Perera, S., & Handler, S. M. (2017). Use of Telemedicine to Enhance Pharmacist Services in the Nursing Facility. The Consultant pharmacist : the journal of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, 32(2), 93–98. https://doi.org/10.4140/TCP.n.2017.93
- Lowry, S.J., Kay, C.N., Marsom, E.N., Park, J.S., Poole, S. and Page, A.T. (2020). Optimising health outcomes via pharmacist delivered telehealth medicines management: a systematic review. J. Pharm. Pract. Res., 50: 377-390. https://doi.org/10.1002/jppr.1695.
- Physiotherapy Evidence Database (PEDro) (2020) - Evidence to guide telehealth physiotherapy.
- Tchero H, Noubou L, Becsangele B, Mukisi-Mukaza M, Retali GR, Rusch E. Telemedicine in Diabetic Foot Care: A Systematic Literature Review of Interventions and Meta-analysis of Controlled Trials. International Journal of Lower Extremity Wounds. 2017 Dec;16(4):274-283.
- American Psychological Association - Research roundup: Telehealth and the practice of psychology
- Society of Clinical Psychologists - Peer-reviewed papers on Telepsychology
- Langarizadeh M, Tabatabaei MS, Tavakol K, Naghipour M, Rostami A, Moghbeli F (2017). Telemental Health Care, an effective alternative to conventional mental care: a Systematic Review. ACTA Inform Med 25(4):240-246.
- Ramsey, A. T. & Montgomery, K. (2014). Technology-based interventions in social work practice: a systematic review of mental health interventions. Social work in health care, 53(9), 883–899.
If you know of any other useful resources that should be included in this database, please advise the Allied Health Professions’ Office of Queensland by email Allied_Health_Advisory@health.qld.gov.au.