yourQH (patient online portal)
Queensland Health's yourQH provides a secure way to connect with us and coordinate your referrals and appointments - anytime, anywhere.
Children’s Health Queensland was the first Hospital and Health Service to go live with yourQH in July 2020.
Accessible via a smartphone app or the web, yourQH enables you to view important information about your upcoming outpatient and community referrals and appointments, as well as:
- Request changes to your appointment
- Update patient contact information
- Connect with clinic staff
- Know what to bring to your appointment
- Get directions to your appointment
It’s also a great way for the team to stay in touch with you. They can let you know if there are any changes or even if they are running late on the day. Importantly, they can also share fact sheets and healthcare information with you.
To access yourQH, you will receive a personal invitation via text or your referral or appointment letter once it is available at your Hospital and Health Service. You will need to provide contact details and two forms of identity to create your account, such as an Australian driver licence, passport or Medicare card. It can take a bit of time, but you will only have to do it once and it means you can rest easy knowing your information is secure.
yourQH is easy to use and will help you to do three key things:
You can view important referral information once it is accepted by the Hospital and Health Service, such as:
- Specialty the patient has been referred to
- How long you may need to wait for an appointment
- Status of the referral
Sometimes the scheduled appointment times just don’t work for you or your family. Using yourQH, you can:
- View appointment details, including date, time and location
- Request to reschedule the appointment and suggest a time or day that best suits you
- Request to cancel the appointment if it is no longer required
As the appointment gets closer, yourQH will send you a reminder so you can confirm you are able to attend. You can also:
- View important appointment information, including what to bring
- Communicate with clinic staff and complete any forms the clinic has shared with you
- Get directions to the appointment
Need more information?
The yourQH portal can help you, and you family, to check, organise and get ready for your appointments. If you would like more information about how, please link to our online resources: