Building and refurbishment guidelines
Queensland capital infrastructure requirements (CIR)
Queensland Capital Infrastructure Requirements have been moved to the Department of Health policies page.
Queensland development code
Queensland Development Code: Private Health Facilities Part MP 5.5 provides the legislated building requirements for private health facilities. The purpose of these requirements is to facilitate the safety and care of patients and the safety of staff and the public in private health facilities.
Interstate and national guidelines
- Australasian Health Facility Guidelines (AHFG)
- NSW Health Engineering Services Guidelines
- Infection Control Principles for the Management of Construction, Renovation, Repairs and Maintenance within Health Care Facilities: A Manual for Reducing the Risk of Health Care Associated Infection by Dust and Water Borne Micro-organisms (PDF, 2.55MB)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities (2003)
- WHO. Natural Ventilation for Infection Control in Health-Care Settings (2009)
- APIC State-of-the-Art Report: The role of infection control during construction in health care facilities