The Office of the Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer (OCNMO) is the Queensland Government's principal advisor on all matters relating to nursing and midwifery services.
- providing advice and supporting the delivery of health priorities
- developing policies and initiatives to support government health objectives
- monitoring and responding to key statewide nursing and midwifery service indicators
- building state-wide nursing and midwifery capacity and sustainability.
- To lead and advance policy that builds confidence and enables nurses and midwives to work to their full potential.
- To lead and advance policy that will build the sustainability of the nursing and midwifery workforce now and into the future.
- To disrupt and drive practice innovation to transform nursing and midwifery.
Last updated: 11 August 2021