The Office of the Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer (OCNMO) is the Queensland Government's principal advisor on all matters relating to nursing and midwifery services with a particular authority and expertise in advancing, leading and advising on matters that promote a healthier Queensland.
- strategically advising and supporting the delivery of health priorities
- developing policies and initiatives to support government health objectives
- undertaking high-level monitoring and responding to key statewide indicators
- building state-wide capacity and sustainability.
- Strengthen the health system and optimise service provision through the promotion of safe and economically sustainable models of care.
- Promote best practice and policy to support government directions and to maximise public investment across Queensland.
- Enhance productivity, capacity and capability through learning and development opportunities, the utilisation of data intelligence, and promoting the impact of nurses and midwives.
- Enable and influence across the health sector to inform and drive innovative change that meets community need.
- Position the Office of the Chief Nursing and Midwifery Office, as an agent for change across public and private health sectors for improved services to Queenslanders.