Benefits of using Pathology Queensland
We offer a comprehensive suite of pathology tests, with clinical support from expert pathologists, to ensure that you have accurate, timely and appropriate results for your patients.
Where are we?
Pathology Queensland has laboratories strategically located at 35 major regional and metropolitan public hospitals throughout Queensland. Our service locations have tailored capability to suit each hospital and health service and its clinical needs with many of our laboratories offering a 24 hour, 7-day service. In addition, we support a large point-of-care device network to deliver testing to patients in remote areas.
Why choose us?
Our goal is to remain your pathology provider of choice.
Our service is supported by contemporary analysers, procedures and information technology systems across our network. We are accredited to NATA and TGA standards and certified to ISO 15189:2012.
How we support you:
- Our onsite laboratories offer you a suite of clinically relevant tests, performed by our highly skilled staff.
- Our Central Laboratory, at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, offers the most comprehensive range of highly specialised testing such as molecular genetics, cytogenetics, tissue typing and organ donor matching, and newborn screening.
- Our pathologists offer specialised advice to assist you in interpreting results.
- We provide consistent results across the state—irrespective of where the test is performed.
- We partner with you to optimise your research and clinical trial activities.
- We actively participate in your anatomical pathology multi-disciplinary team meetings and case discussions.
- We offer expert advice to help you to select and manage your point of care devices.
- We help you minimise wasteful pathology ordering practices.
How to engage us?
You can contact a laboratory manager directly.