Smoking in motor vehicles is banned in the following circumstances:
- if a person under the age of 16 is present; or
- if the vehicle is being used for business and more than one person is in the vehicle.
This includes the use of all smoking products, including electronic cigarettes.
Find out more
Call 13 QGOV (13 7468) for:
- information about Queensland’s smoking laws
- reporting possible breaches of the legislation for further investigation
- help for smoking product retailers, liquor licensed venue managers, businesses and organisations to understand and comply with the laws
- information about current fines and penalties
- free copies of signs and forms required by legislation.
Last updated: 1 September 2021