Directive number: QH-HSD-048:2018
Effective date: 7 November 2018
Review date: 7 November 2021
On this page:
- Mandatory requirements
- Related or governing legislation, policy and agreements
- Supporting documents
- Business area contact
- Approval and implementation
- Definitions of terms used in this directive
- Version control
To define the governance framework, and respective accountabilities and responsibilities across business units within the Department of Health Divisions and Hospital and Health Services, for the management of the:
- Queensland Health Rural Scholarship Scheme,
- Queensland Health Bonded Medical Scholarship Scheme, and
- Queensland Health Allied Health Area of Priority Scholarships (Scholarship Schemes)
This directive applies to all Hospital and Health Services (HHSs).
This directive applies to the Scholarship Schemes.
- The HHSs and the Department of Health will work collaboratively to ensure the Scholarship Schemes are managed in line with their respective obligations under the Queensland Health Scholarship Schemes Health Service Directive and Health Service Directive Standard, and the Queensland Health Scholarships Scheme Policy and Standard.
- The HHSs and Department of Health will work collaboratively to ensure the Scholarship holders abide by the conditions of their individual contracts.
- The HHSs will place scholarship holders in employment positions to enable completion of Return of Service requirements in negotiation with the Department of Health.
- Management of the Scholarship Schemes will be effective, efficient and timely.
- Scholarship holders will be enabled to successfully complete their return of service obligations through placement in appropriate services and locations across HHSs.
- Requests for variations to contract obligations will be considered and actioned in line with the Health Service Directive Standard.
- Scholarship holder non-compliance with contract obligations will be promptly identified and appropriate remedial action taken.
- Funding allocated for the Scholarship Scheme is managed efficiently, effectively and economically in line with the the Financial Management Practice Manual Policy.
- Mandatory requirements for the Scholarship Schemes are documented in the supporting standard (QH-HSDIMP-048-1:2018).
Related or governing legislation, policy and agreements
- Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011
- Assisted Students (Enforcement of Obligations) Act 1951
Business area contact
- Workforce Strategy Branch, Strategy, Policy and Planning Division, Department of Health.
This Health Service Directive will be reviewed at least every three years.
Date of last review: N/A
Supersedes: New Directive
Approval and implementation
Assistant Deputy Director-General
Planning Directorate, Strategy, Policy and Planning Division, Department of Health.
Approval by Chief Executive
Mr Michael Walsh
Approval date: 7 November 2018
Issued under section 47 of the Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011.
Definitions of terms used in this directive
|Term||Definition / explanation / details||Source|
|HHS||Hospital and Health Service|
|V1||07/09/2018||Scott Barber, Manager, Workforce Strategy Branch||To be reviewed by Workforce Strategy Branch every three years.|