Mandatory requirements for student placements
Student Deed requirements
Students must complete all Queensland Health student placement orientation requirements as detailed on the Student Deed Website before commencing a placement within a Queensland Health facility. This includes the completion of the Student orientation checklist. Students will not be able to commence placement until their orientation is completed.
- Queensland Health clinical placements home page
- Organising and administering student placements
- Information on required clinical placements
- Preparing for your clinical placement
- Documents for your clinical placement
Students must present a completed copy of the Student orientation checklist and any associated documentation to their education provider’s placement coordinator prior to the commencement of their placement. In accordance with the Student Placement Deed, education providers are responsible for ensuring mandatory learning as detailed on the Student orientation checklist is completed prior to the commencement of student placement with the Queensland Government Hospital and Health Service. Education providers are required to retain a copy of the completed and signed Student orientation checklist.
Queensland Health Allied Health Professions’ Office of Queensland requirements
Allied health students wishing to undertake a clinical placement in a Queensland Government Hospital and Health Service will need to complete a number of training modules prior to commencement of their placement.
The training has been developed in accordance with The National Safety and Quality Healthcare Service (NSQHS) Standards to facilitate the safe practice of students and to support patient, student, and staff safety.
Training is required to be completed prior to commencement of clinical placements in Queensland Health.
Completion of this training will facilitate the early commencement of clinical learning on placements and ongoing placement provision by facilities.
Allied health students are requested to access the following documents:
- Allied Health student training: A guide for students (PDF 76 kB) (updated December 2020): details the responsibilities of all parties involved in the provision of training for placements.
- iLearn user help for students (PDF 555 kB): some of the modules require registration with the online learning platform iLearn. Complete your registration on iLearn before accessing the student orientation modules. It may take at least 3 working days for your registration to be completed.
- Evidence record for allied health student training (PDF 113 kB) (updated December 2020): A completed copy is to be presented to each Queensland Government Hospital and Health Service placement site at the commencement of each placement.
University staff entering Queensland Health facilities to support student placements are also encouraged to complete this training.
Hospital and Health Service staff may require a copy of the completed evidence record of allied health training for university staff. University staff can also access the guide Allied health training: A guide for university staff if required.
- Allied health training: A guide for university staff (PDF 60 kB) (updated December 2020)
- Evidence record of allied health training – university staff (PDF 88 kB) (updated December 2020)