Telehealth: service models
There are a range of telehealth service models that clinicians and service managers may choose to implement. A review of the evidence can also support this process. The following case studies and vignettes have been provided to support the planning of telehealth services. To ensure that the healthcare needs of consumers are met, robust service planning and an evaluation framework for service delivery is required.
A needs-based planning framework for telemedicine services
- Allied Health Professions’ Office of Queensland workforce redesign (accessible by Queensland Health staff only)
- Rural and Regional Ultrasound Telehealth Training Program (PDF 83 kB)
- Delivering specialist paediatric allied health services via telehealth in the home: summary | toolkit (accessible by Queensland Health staff only)
- Occupational therapy-led paediatric burns telehealth review clinic: summary | business case concept brief | guidelines (accessible by Queensland Health staff only)
- Teleaudiology: summary | resource kit (accessible by Queensland Health staff only)
- NSW Government Agency for Clinical Innovation
- What is telehealth?
- Information for consumers: video | transcript (PDF 90 kB)
- Telerehabilitation in the home: Brian's stroke
- Celia's story
- Telerehabilitation consumer’s voice: Gaynor
- Helen's story
- Information for allied health professionals: video | transcript (PDF 104 kB)
- Accessing Queensland Health’s telehealth portal
- Video-conferencing and troubleshooting: video | transcript (PDF 84 kB)
- ADL and function
- Child development
- Communication and hearing
- UQ’s CRE Telehealth: Telehealth for Speech therapy
- Diet and nutrition
- Foot care
- Hand therapy, burns management and compression garments.
- Medication review
- Mobility and transfers
- Tele-rehabilitation in the home – Flinders University
- Physiotherapy rehabilitation post total hip replacement: video | transcript (PDF 105 kB)
- A cardiac failure rehabilitation group exercise program: video | transcript (PDF 89 kB)
- Social, psychological and behavioural
- Swallow and oromotor
- UQ’s CRE Telehealth: Telehealth for speech therapy.
- Queensland Health (iLearn log in required): Telepractice Dysphagia Assessment Service
- Queensland Health (iLearn log in required): Telepractice for the delivery of paediatric feeding services
If you know of any other useful resources that should be included in this database, please advise the Allied Health Professions’ Office of Queensland by email Allied_Health_Advisory@health.qld.gov.au.