The Queensland Health Telehealth Portal provides an easy, safe and secure way to videoconference (VC) with your doctor or health professional from within a web browser on your PC, Laptop or Mac; or through an app on your tablet or smart phone.
PC or Mac
- Speakers or headphones
- Internet connection – For a good experience you will need at least 0.4Mbps for both download and upload. You can test your Internet connection here and select “Begin Test”
Tablet or Smart Phones
- Forward facing camera
- The built-in speakers will be sufficient but you may wish to plug in a pair of headphones
- The Telehealth Portal app (known as “Pexip”). See below for install instructions
- Internet connection – For a good experience you will need at least 0.4Mbps for both download and upload. You can test your Internet connection here and selecting “Begin Test”
Starting your Videoconference
PC, Mac, Tablet, and Smart Phones
Connection details will be provided to you by a Queensland Health staff member.
- Click on the link at the time specified, and if requested, enter in the provided dial number and your full name
- Follow the on screen instruction to allow the application to use your webcam and microphone. Troubleshooting Guides available below if required
Setting up your Environment for the Best Experience
- Try to reduce as much background noise as possible – close the windows and doors if needed and turn off the TV or any music nearby.
- Try to use artificial lighting rather than natural light – for example, close the blinds and turn your ceiling lights on.
- Position your webcam to make sure you are clearly visible.
Install and Troubleshooting Guides
- Telehealth Portal Patient Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 396KB)