Many consumers require support in order to use and benefit from telehealth services, particularly if they have never used telehealth before. There are a range of resources available to support clients and health professionals during telehealth consultations, including information on communication, etiquette, the appropriate use of an interpreter and the introduction of additional technology. The following information is provided to support and assist clinicians to provide high-quality, effective care.
Note: Videos below must be played in Mozilla or Chrome browsers.
Information for health professionals
Queensland Health staff
Telehealth tools and tips
- Communication via telehealth (general)
- Communication via telehealth (specific)
- Compassionate conversations
- With an interpreter
- Waitemata DHB. eCALD. Telehealth (video) consultation involving an interpreter.
- Room set up
- Video-conferencing and troubleshooting: video | transcript (PDF 84 kB)
If you know of any other useful resources that should be included in this database, please advise the Allied Health Professions’ Office of Queensland by email Allied_Health_Advisory@health.qld.gov.au.