Allied Health – Translating Research into Practice (AH-TRIP) is an initiative that aims to embed knowledge translation from research within the usual business of Hospital and Health Services (HHSs) by building the capacity of the health practitioner workforce.
- Component 1 – Training and Education
- Component 2 – TRIP Projects and Implementation
- Component 3 – Support and Networks
- Component 4 – Showcase and Recognition
- Component 5 - Evaluation
What is AH-TRIP?
This video provides a summary of AH-TRIP and outlines the different components of the initiative.
What is AH-TRIP Telementoring Support
The AH-TRIP Telementoring Support aims to offer equitable access to project support to HPs attempting to translate research into practice within a QLD HHS. This video provides a summary of the statewide AH-TRIP Telementoring Support sessions.
AH-TRIP Initiative Publications
- Young, A. M., Cameron, A., Meloncelli, N., Barrimore, S. E., Campbell, K., Wilkinson, S., McBride, L. J., Barnes, R., Bennett, S., Harvey, G., & Hickman, I. (2023). Developing a knowledge translation program for health practitioners: Allied Health Translating Research into Practice. Frontiers in Health Services: Implementation Science, 3. doi: 10.3389/frhs.2023.1103997
- Hickman, I. J., Cameron, A. E., McRae, P., Wilkinson, S. A., O'Brien, M., Kozica-Olenski, S., & Young, A. M. (2021). Feasibility and acceptability of a pilot knowledge translation tele-mentoring program for allied health professionals. The Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice, 19(4).
- Wilkinson, S. A., Hickman, I., Cameron, A., Young, A., Olenski, S., McRae, P., & O’Brien, M. (2021). ‘It seems like common sense now’: Experiences of allied health clinicians participating in a knowledge translation telementoring program. JBI Evidence Implementation, Publish Ahead of Print(3), 189-198. Doi: 10.1097/xeb. 0000000000000297
- Young, A. M., Olenski, S., Wilkinson, S. A., Campbell, K., Barnes, R., Cameron, A., & Hickman, I. (2019). Knowledge translation in dietetics: A survey of dietitians' awareness and confidence. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research, 81(1), 1-5. doi: 10.3148/cjdpr-2019-027
- Barrimore, S. E., Cameron, A. E., Young, A. M., Hickman, I. J., & Campbell, K. L. (2020). Translating research into practice: How confident are allied health clinicians? Journal of Allied Health, 49(4), 258-262.
Allied Health – Translating Research into Practice (2020) Allied Health – Translating Research into Practice (AH-TRIP) initiative, Queensland Health, Brisbane.
© State of Queensland (Queensland Health) 2020
Allied Health – Translating Research into Practice (AH-TRIP) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareALike 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.