Mental health contacts
Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Branch
PO Box 2368
Fortitude Valley BC QLD 4006
The Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Branch (MHAODB) provides system-wide clinical, policy and planning leadership to support the delivery of safe, quality, evidence-based clinical and non-clinical mental health and alcohol and other drug services.
The MHAODB is responsible for:
- the statewide implementation of a range of comprehensive, recovery-oriented mental health and alcohol and other drugs service strategies to improve the mental health and wellbeing of all Queenslanders and minimise the impact of substance misuse in Queensland communities.
- undertaking contemporary evidence-based service planning, development and review of models of care, new programs, and service delivery initiatives.
- strengthening partnerships between stakeholders and sectors, including the private sector, not-for-profit organisations and other government departments across state and commonwealth jurisdictions which enable enhanced mental health and alcohol and other drug service delivery.
- identifying and implementing innovative initiatives which improve access to appropriate mental health and/or alcohol and other drug services.
- developing, implementing and monitoring of strategies required to achieve the outcomes of the planning and reform agendas of both the Commonwealth and Queensland Governments.
- developing and maintaining the regulatory framework for the delivery and monitoring of mental health services under the Mental Health Act 2016 and related legislation affecting consumers of mental health services.
- developing statewide clinical guidelines.
- the development and maintenance of information systems and strategies devoted to specialist mental health and alcohol and other drug sectors and related communities, including the Mental Health Act 2016, other legislation, changes to medical records and other information systems in line with Queensland Department of Health policy direction.
The MHAODB is comprised of the following units:
- Office of the Executive Director
- Office of the Chief Psychiatrist
- Strategy Planning and Partnerships Unit
- Clinical Systems, Collections and Performance
Other mental health organisations
- Queensland Alliance
- Queensland Centre for Mental Health Learning
- Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research
- Queensland Transcultural Mental Health Centre
- Queensland Health Victim Support Service
- Victim Assist Queensland, Department of Justice and Attorney-General