Surveillance and outbreak reports
Quarterly summaries that detail the incidence of foodborne disease, surveillance activities and outbreak investigations within Queensland are produced by the OzFoodNet team. These reports are provided to the national body.
OzFoodnet Australia collates reports from all states and territories to produce national quarterly reports that help detect and respond to emerging foodborne diseases and multijurisdictional outbreaks that cross state and territory borders.
National quarterly reports (which include collated Queensland data) are available from the OzFoodNet website.
Outbreak reports (journal publications)
- Outbreak of hepatitis A genotype IB in Australia associated with imported frozen pomegranate arils
- Seven Salmonella Typhimurium outbreaks in Australia linked by trace-back and whole genome sequencing (PDF, 325KB)
- Mild illness during outbreak of shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli 0157 Infections Associated with Agricultural Show, Australia
- A statewide outbreak of Salmonella Bovismorbificans phage type 32 infection in Queensland (PDF, 108KB)
- An outbreak of multi-resistant Shigella sonnei in Australia: possible link to the outbreak of shigellosis in Denmark associated with imported baby corn from Thailand
- Outbreaks of Shigella sonnei in Denmark and Australia linked to consumption of imported raw baby corn
- Outbreaks of shigellosis in Denmark and Australia associated with imported baby corn, August 2007