The Clinical Services Capability Framework for Public and Licensed Private Health Facilities (CSCF) provides a standard set of minimum capability criteria for service planning and delivery. The current version v3.2 was published in December 2014. Minor edits are made as required and the details are collated twice yearly. Read a record of module edits - October 2022 (PDF 112 kB).
- Public sector Health Service Chief Executives are responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the CSCF in their Hospital and Health Service.
- The private hospital sector in Queensland is obligated to use the CSCF for licensing purposes.
CSCF service modules
Fundamentals of the Framework (PDF 620 kB) (overarching module)—this document outlines the purpose and structure of the CSCF, and how it should be applied.
Cancer Services Preamble (PDF 141 kB)—specific requirements needing to be considered when offering cancer services.
Children's Services Preamble (PDF 112 kB)—specific requirements needing to be considered when offering services for children. Some CSCF modules are specific to children’s services.
Alcohol & Other Drugs (PDF 340 kB)
- Inpatient including adult, and child and youth
Anaesthetic—Children's (PDF 314 kB)
Cancer—Children's (PDF 194 kB)
Cancer—Haematological Malignancy (PDF 181 kB)
Cancer—Medical Oncology (PDF 184 kB)
Cancer—Radiation Oncology (PDF 151 kB)
Cancer—Children's Radiation Oncology (PDF 136 kB)
- Cardiac (Coronary) Care Unit
- Cardiac Diagnostic & Interventional
- Cardiac Medicine
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac Outreach
Close observation services - Children (PDF 161 kB)
Emergency—Children's (PDF 145 kB)
- Emergency geriatric care
- Geriatric acute inpatient
- Cognitive impairment
- Consultation liaison
- Geriatric evaluation and management
- Interim care
- Geriatric rehabilitation
Intensive Care—Children's (PDF 147 kB)
Medical—Children's (PDF 202 kB)
- Child and Youth
- Older Persons
- Statewide and Other Targeted services
- Acute Pain
- Day Surgery
- Operating Suite incorporating Sterilising services
- Post-Anaesthetic Care including Post-Anaesthetic Care for Children
Persistent Pain Management services (PDF 182 kB)
Surgical including Surgical Oncology services (PDF 337 kB)
Surgical—Children's (PDF 335 kB)
- Intensive Care
- Acute Inpatient
- Specialist Outpatient
- Pain Management
- Dedicated Trauma Service