The Clinical Services Capability Framework for Public and Licensed Private Health Facilities (CSCF) provides a standard set of minimum capability criteria for service planning and delivery. The current version v3.2 was published in December 2014. Minor edits are made as required and the details are collated twice yearly. Read a record of module edits - August 2019 (PDF 140 kB).
- Public sector Health Service Chief Executives are responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the CSCF in their Hospital and Health Service.
- The private hospital sector in Queensland is obligated to use the CSCF for licensing purposes.
CSCF service modules
Fundamentals of the Framework (PDF 521 kB) (overarching module)—this document outlines the purpose and structure of the CSCF, and how it should be applied.
Cancer Services Preamble (PDF 163 kB)—specific requirements needing to be considered when offering cancer services.
Children's Services Preamble (PDF 153 kB)—specific requirements needing to be considered when offering services for children. Some CSCF modules are specific to children’s services.
- Inpatient including adult, and child and youth
- Cardiac (Coronary) Care Unit
- Cardiac Diagnostic & Interventional
- Cardiac Medicine
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac Outreach
- Emergency geriatric care
- Geriatric acute inpatient
- Cognitive impairment
- Consultation liaison
- Geriatric evaluation and management
- Interim care
- Geriatric rehabilitation
- Child and Youth
- Older Persons
- Statewide and Other Targeted services
- Acute Pain
- Day Surgery
- Operating Suite incorporating Sterilising services
- Post-Anaesthetic Care including Post-Anaesthetic Care for Children