By empowering our nursing and midwifery workforce we will drive a more accessible, affordable, sustainable and safer healthcare system.
Nursing and Midwives account for 61% of Queensland Health's clinical workforce. Our goal is to help our nurses and midwives to work to their full scope of practice across all setting, which will have a positive impact on our capacity to deliver better health to all Queenslanders.
A nursing strategy has been developed to focus on:
- enabling nursing to work to their full scope of practice across all settings
- expanding the delivery of nursing services in a range of settings to increase service capacity and consumer choice
- supporting high performing nursing services through continual learning and evidence based practice
- supporting nursing services to enhance patient outcomes through information systems and decision making tools
- delivering improved patient safety outcomes for all Queenslanders.
Nursing and Midwifery program: