Patient and carer resources
National Heart Foundation of Australia
The Heart Foundation has many online educational tools and short videos for people with heart failure. A good introduction for all patients is the Living well with heart failure (PDF, 6.33MB) (overview of self management).
Queensland Health Publications
Queensland Health offers publications to support service provision and for patients and carers wanting more detailed information. Please email email@example.com to obtain printed booklets.
- Heart failure action plan and symptom diary (PDF, 327KB) email qldheartfailure if you would like a copy of the print file for your service
- Information for carers of patients with heart failure (PDF 702KB)
- Physical activity, exercise and heart failure (updated September 2022) (PDF 1.01MB)
- Medications to manage heart failure (updated February 2023) (PDF 2.341MB)
- Sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors for heart failure - patient information sheet (PDF 122 KB)
National Prescribing Service Medicinewise
Heart Failure Matters
Comprehensive site for patients with heart failure in several languages
Last updated: 3 February 2023