The Townsville Clinical Hub will provide a specialist palliative care consultative telehealth service to rural and remote patients in North West Queensland and the Townsville and Mackay Regions.
For many years we have been passionate about supporting Palliative Care patients in rural and remote locations. The Care in the Right Setting project (CaRS) has provided the means to do this.
It's about filling the gaps for people who don't currently have good access to Specialist Palliative Care. It aims to support locally based care and increase local capacity. Palliative Care provides symptom control and supportive care to patients with life limiting conditions and a limited prognosis - and is aimed at maximising quality of life. Specialist Palliative Care will assist people who have difficult to control symptoms, increased psychosocial support needs or complex situations.
Phone: 07 4433 7423
For immediate clinical advice:
- Clinicians may contact Dr Fried via Townsville Hospital's switchboard phone: 07 4433 1111.
- 24/7 - PallConsult 1300 PALLDR (1300 725537) advice hotline. Doctors and nurse practitioners needing palliative and end-of-life care advice can also phone 1300 PALLDR to speak directly with a palliative medicine specialist.
Make a referral
Download our referral form on HealthPathways
Fax: 07 4433 4254
- patient consultations via video-telehealth
- telephone clinical support for clinicians in rural and remote regions (8am-4pm Monday to Friday)
- education including case conferencing
- access to equipment under the new MASS Palliative Care Program
- Palliative Care support to the North-West region, Mackay region and the Townsville hinterland and islands.
- After hours support (Mackay and North West)—call 1300 PALLDR (1300 725537) - 24/7 advice hotline for doctors and nurse practitioners, nurses and allied health practitioners to speak directly with a palliative medicine specialist.
- For advice for patients located in the Townsville University Hospital and Health Service - please call the Townsville University Hospital on 44331111 and ask for the Palliative Care Consultant on call.
- Lead Clinician / SMO —Dr Ofra Fried
- Clinical Nurse Consultant – Jodi Rudell
- Social Worker – Jane Logan
- Administration Officer