QuEDS Outpatient treatment services
The QuEDS referral form (PDF, 126KB) needs to be used for referrals to these services. Patients may need to be assessed initially through the Specialist Consultation Clinic for suitability.
All QuEDS treatment services are time limited.
Outpatient therapies (for 18 years and older)
- QuEDS currently provides two types of evidenced based individual outpatient therapy- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Enhanced (CBT-E) and Specialist Supportive Clinical Management (SSCM).
- These time limited therapies require a five to ten month commitment, depending on individual needs and family/carer involvement is strongly encouraged throughout.
- Families can also participate in skills-based programs for caring for a loved one with an eating disorder through Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ) in collaboration with QuEDS.
QuEDS Day Program (for 16 years and older)
- QuEDS offer a Day Program which runs four days per week, over an eight week period, and includes therapeutic groups and supported meals facilitated by a specialised multidisciplinary team.
- Therapeutic groups focus on practical (e.g. food preparation), psychological (e.g. identifying food rules) and nutritional (e.g. improving variety in eating) aspects of recovery.
- Family and carers are engaged in this process through a family consult information session and are encouraged to be involved throughout the program.