Queensland Voluntary Assisted Dying Implementation Conference
The Queensland Voluntary Assisted Dying Implementation Conference will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, and virtually, on Saturday 29 October 2022.
Voluntary assisted dying will be available in Queensland from 1 January 2023. At the conference, healthcare workers will learn how voluntary assisted dying is being implemented to support the delivery of high quality, safe and compassionate services.
The program will feature:
- a keynote address from Andrew Denton
- expertise from clinicians with experience in the provision of voluntary assisted dying in Western Australia and Victoria
- firsthand insights on what it means to support a family member through the voluntary assisted dying process
- deep dives into the voluntary assisted dying process by unpicking case scenarios
- overview of voluntary assisted dying in Queensland and the supports that will be available to clinicians involved in the provision of services.
Read more about the conference program and the speakers (PDF 1260 kB).
Saturday 29 October
8am Registration for an 8:30am start (finishing at 4:30pm)
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition, or virtual attendance
Limited travel support for flights and accommodation may be available for people attending who live and work outside of South East Queensland.
The conference has been accredited for 14 RACGP CPD points.
Attending the conference
The first release of in-person tickets for the conference sold out in less than 48 hours. A second release of tickets has been made available. This second release will be managed using a ballot system.
Regsitration for the ballot closes 22 September 2022. Successful applicants will be advised by 29 September 2022.
We encourage you to register to attend virtually, if you haven't already. This won't exempt you from the ballot, but will ensure you can join if you don't get an in-person ticket.
Select this option if you would like to attend the conference virtually.
An email will be sent closer to the conference date with details on how to join on the day.
For more information contact the Voluntary Assisted Dying Unit: VADImplementation@health.qld.gov.au.