Benefits of working with us
Forensic and Scientific Services is Australia’s most comprehensive forensic and public and environmental health facility. We provide specialist scientific and medical analysis and independent expert advice to private and public sector clients locally, nationally and internationally.
We use the latest technology and methods to investigate and respond to public health threats, epidemics, civil emergencies, criminal investigations and coronial matters. We play a critical role in the government's response to epidemics, civil emergencies and public health threats.
Benefits of using Forensic and Scientific Services
Our people and teams are highly qualified, experienced and responsive. We are dedicated to delivering excellence through hard work, innovation and consistent delivery of high-quality services to the Queensland community.
We have access to state–of-the-art technology and high containment laboratories. We perform cutting-edge research for the protection of Queenslanders and encourage our people to participate in professional development programs so that they remain at the top of their game.
We are the only facility in Australia to have our range of scientific and medical expertise combined in one area. We are also the state reference laboratory for a number of diseases and organisms of public health significance.
World-standard management systems are central to our operations. We are accredited, certified or licensed with:
- National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia—forensic testing, chemical testing, certified reference materials, proficiency testing, biological testing and medical testing
- International Organization of Standardization (ISO 9001)
- Therapeutic Goods Administration—analysis and testing
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (Biosecurity) and Office of the Gene Technology Regulator
- World Health Organization, Food and Agricultural Organization and Office of International Epizooties
- Analytical Laboratories for the Measurement of Environmental Radioactivity (ALMERA) group under the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).