Our research governance framework assesses the scientific merit, quality, safety, privacy, risk management, financial management and ethical acceptability of the research to be undertaken.
The Research and Development Unit performs the following governance functions:
- negotiating collaborative research agreements with third parties such as universities and commercial partners
- administering grant funding
- coordinating the placement of university students undertaking research projects
- coordinating legal review, insurance, indemnity, protection of intellectual property and authorship
- providing advice regarding access to confidential health and personal information for the purpose of research
- providing guidance relating to compliance with legislation, regulations, guidelines and codes
- creating institutional policies and procedures for the responsible conduct of research
- handling complaints and potential breaches of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, 2018 (DOCX, 519.5 KB)
- providing post approval reporting and performing monitoring obligations
- coordinating requests for materials and data for research.